RAMALLAH, June 6 (JMCC) - The Palestinian government condemned Thursday's settler shooting of two Palestinian students in the Arrub refugee camp near Hebron.
This act is condemned and denounced, said cabinet spokesperson Ghassan Khatib in an interview with JMCC.org. It is a breach of international law, and the Israeli government bears full responsibility. This shows the need for the international community to protect our people from terrorist settler organizations, which have recently grown a great deal.
Both students, 16 years old, were injured on Thursday when Israeli settlers opened fire at a school.
Gunfire came from a distance of 15 meters and the students were seriously injured, one of them critically, said the school principal, Hisham Jawabreh.
Israeli officials said that an investigation had been opened into the incident.
Khatib called on the Israeli government to put an end to the crimes committed against our people with impunity.
It does not make sense, at a time when the national authority is working to impose security and order in the West Bank, that the settlers are able to go on rampages against Palestinian lives and property without any accountability.