RAMALLAH, September 6 (JMCC) - The family of Rachel Corrie, the American activist crushed to death in Gaza
seven years ago, could face the men driving the Israeli bulldozer that killed her in the second stage of their civil suit against the state. The Civil suit into Corrie’s death is to hear the testimony from vehicle operators.
The case, which began in March, reopened at Haifa district court today and will hear Israeli state witness testimony on her death. The 23-year-old had been trying to prevent the demolition of a Palestinian house in Rafah, in the Gaza strip.Read
In 2003 an Israeli army investigation into the incident concluded that its troops were not to blame for Corrie's death. Her family says that a full investigation was never carried out.
Representing the Corrie family, Hussein Abu Hussein, a leading human rights lawyer in Israel, said: It is clear that the army investigation was very far from being sufficient, thorough or impartial.
Today the court heard from one of the military investigators into the case, referred to only by his first name, Oded. He told the court that he did not think it important during the investigation to question Palestinian eyewitnesses to the incident, or the medical team that treated Corrie. Abu Hussein said: It is amazing that this 20-year-old – at that time with no legal background and no experience – was responsible for this investigation.
more at The Guardian…