RAMALLAH, April 28 (JMCC) - A second Palestinian has been expelled from the West Bank
to the Gaza Strip
under the auspices of military order 1650, a human rights organization said Wednesday.
Fadi Azazme, 19, was detained in the occupied West Bank town of Hebron
on Tuesday evening and transported to the Gaza Strip.
The young man was arrested from his workplace in Hebron and taken to
prison and then deported to the crossing, said Abdullah Kandil, spokesperson for a Gaza-based prisoner's organization.
He refused to enter Gaza
and joined the protest tent erected at the crossing by exiles from the
West Bank to the Gaza Strip.
In mid-April, Israeli military regulation 1650 went into effect, allowing the army to deport from the West Bank anyone without a permit to live there.
Human rights groups warned that the order's broad language would allow Israeli authorities to deport anyone from the West Bank, but particular concern was raised about tens of thousands of Gazans who live and work in the area.
In a telephone interview, Azazme said, I will not enter the Strip, not for any reason. I have been forcibly removed from my home and I will stay here until I return to it.
Azazme said he had lived in Hebron for 15 years and did not know why he had been deported. I'm far away from my family and my friends, and will not give up until I go back to them.
Azazme is the second Palestinian in a week to be expelled from the West Bank to Gaza under the new military regulations.